Sunday, July 26, 2009

We all grew up listening to fairy tales...how can be be blamed if we bought into them? I really DID want to be a princess, I really DID want to be rescued and adored by the handsome powerful prince. After a series of painful attempts at rescuing and being rescued, I realized it was not only ineffective - it was excrutciating and impossible. I love this quote by Tom Robbins, "We are our own dragons as well as our own hero's, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves."

What we were not told in regard to the fairy tales, is that each of the characters is an aspect of ourselves! I needed to find my inner prince, before he could show up in my life! I needed to love me, in order to attract love! It is so simple...but far from easy.

Loving from the "Inside Out" is putting ourselves at the top of our Love List - not something most of us are taught at home or in the class room. Most of us are taught to behave, do as we are told, be quiet, get good grades, clean the bathroom, etc. We learn we have to be a certain way and do certain things to gain accolades, acceptance and approval. The problem is, as we venture into the world, this "Outside In" way of being doesn't work very well.

It is a big transition to go from other-oriented to self-oriented, but this is when life can really start to work. To ask oneself "what honors me now" or "what does loving myself look like right now" and acting upon the information that comes forward, can start to change our relationship with ourselves and improve our lives almost immediately.

Now that I take care of myself first and foremost, I have more to give to others. I give from a place of abundance and overflow, rather than a depletion and exhaustion. Love yourself! Take care of yourself! Not only will you have more energy, you will attract more generous and loving people - because you are being generous and loving with yourself. You are an exquisite aspect of the Divine, and you deserve the best the Universe has to offer! You as much as anyone deserves your own love! Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment